Your mouth should already be watering as you read the title for this white chocolate and orange muffin recipe. A great pairing of two delicious flavours that go really nicely together in this chocolate snack. The juiciness of the orange goes perfectly with the sweetness of the white chocolate, making it a great chocolate recipe to try out.
Of all the types of chocolate, white chocolate is possibly the rarest chocolate to find in cooking and baking, making this recipe even more special! If you’ve had doubts about using it before, it’s time to get over the fear and experiment with our white chocolate recipes.
How to make white chocolate and orange muffins?
This recipe for orange and white choc muffins is very simple and fool-proof. Not much is needed and the steps are very easy. The recipe gives enough muffins to spoil your friends too, or to share amongst the family, making it great for picnics and a weekend snack. Try combining it with one of our chocolate drinks for a special touch.
If you are hesitant about using too much orange, we suggest you add half of the zest and 1/4 of the juice to start. Depending on your preferences, you can then decide to add more as you are mixing the batter.
White Chocolate and Orange Muffins Recipe
By May 11, 2015Published:
- Yield: 12 small muffins
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
Feeling peckish during the day or looking for a sweet treat after dinner? Try our scrumptuous white chocolate orange muffins that are a great way to satisfy your stomach during the day. Simple and easy to make, you might as well have a go!
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 orange (zest and juice)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking soda, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together the milk, egg, oil, orange zest and juice. Pour this mixture into the dry mixture until combined (it will be a little bit lumpy).
- Stir into the batter 3/4 of the white chocolate chips.
- Line a muffin tray with paper liners and fill them with the batter. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.