Popcorn 2.0. Ever thought about popcorn that wasn’t just flavoured with salt, butter or sugar? Not until now! Our caramel chocolate popcorn could not get any more divine. One of our favourite chocolate recipes, that works brilliantly as a chocolate snack during the day or a late night snack when you’re on the sofa watching a movie.
It sounds so simple, it is simple to make, yet that simplicity is converted into a heavenly taste that will make you wonder why popcorn wasn’t orignally made like our salted caramel and chocolate popcorn. Your life will change, and we mean for the better! Get baking our popcorn recipe for the best snacking of your life.
How to make salted caramal chocolate popcorn?
Using the most basic of ingredients, basically butter, sugar and chocolate, you can make your own batch of caramel chocolate popcorn before your the credits to the movie have even finished. Get the corn popping, invite your friends around to enjoy and you’ll have your own home cinema running in no time!
Caramel Chocolate Popcorn Recipe
By May 27, 2015Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 50 mins
- Ready In: 60 mins
The best movie or lunchtime snack, our salted caramel chocolate popcorn! Popcorn is an easy and yummy snack for anytime of the day, the only way to improve on anything that is already great is sprinkling it with chocolate! Try out this simple recipe.
- 10 cups popcorn popped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF/100ºC.
- Butter a large rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring the butter, sugar and water to a boil, stirring constantly. Once golden and caramel-like, quickly drizzle over the popcorn before it cools and toss to spread evenly.
- Spread the popcorn on the baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 40 minutes, tossing occasionally until golden brown, crispy and shiny. Transfer the popcorn to another tray lined with parchment paper and let cool.
- Once cooled, you can begin to melt the chocolate. Melt the white chocolate chips and the semi-sweet chocolate chips separately in the microwave. Drizzle over the popcorn and allow to cool before enjoying.