If you know what’s good for you, you won’t wait another moment before trying our overnight oats with mocha and banana recipe! For a healthy, delicious and addictive chocolate for breakfast recipe, this has got to be the winner. Wake yourself up with the sweet taste of chocolate, the strong flavours of coffee and the soft texture of banana. A chocolate recipe that guarantees you a good day ahead.
Although you need to leave the mocha and banana breakfast oats to chill overnight, it doesn’t take long to make and you can whip it up quickly in the kitchen the night before. It also works well as an on-the-go breakfast recipe to take and eat on the way to work or school. If you’ve got any leftover, have it as a healthy snack to keep you going during the day.
How to make overnight mocha, banana and oats breakfast parfait?
If you’re thinking of starting or taking up a healthy chocolate diet, this recipe if the perfect way to get motivated. Not only do you manage to get in your chocolate dosage but you don’t need to feel guilty about indulging in our mocha and banana breakfast oats.
You might need to go out and buy some of the fantastic ingredients for this recipe, but they definitely won’t go to waste. Try out our chocolate chia seed smoothie or our banana bread with chocolate chips and oats.
Overnight Mocha and Banana Breakfast Oats Recipe
By May 28, 2015Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
Our overnight mocha, banana and oats is the best way to wake up in the morning! With a hint of coffee and a dose of chocolate, why would you say no? Not only is our chocolate breakfast recipe extremely tasty, it's super healthy too!
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2-3 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 ounce espresso warm
- 1/2 vanilla bean seeds scraped
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon walnuts crushed
- Blend together 1/2 cup of the almond milk, cocoa powder and esprersso on low speed in a blender until smooth.
- Add the rest of the almond milk, spices and sweeteners to the mixture and blend until well combined. You may need to use a whisk if the cocoa is not dissolving, or warming the milk will also help.
- In a small bowl, combine this mixture with the chia seeds and oats.
- Slice the banana and crush the walnuts.
- In jars or glasses, layer the mixture with the banana and walnuts and refrigerate overnight. Sweeten with maple syrup. Serve chilled.