For an absolute cracker of a drink, our refreshing mint chocolate chip smoothie will do the trick. It tastes so good, not only because it’s smooth and minty-fresh but it is completely healthy too! It is one of our healthiest chocolate drinks that makes for an excellent pre-workout snack, a delicious midday thirst-quencher or a juice detox meal.
With mint and chocolate being one of our favourite combinations, we searched to find a way to bring it together in a healthier way. Try our mint choc chip smoothie and see how it makes you feel fresh and energized instantly.
How to make a mint chocolate chip smoothie?
Whether you want a strong mint flavour or a subtle one, our choc chip mint milkshake recipe below can easily be adjusted to your tastebuds. We have included several ingredients that add sweetness for someone looking more for a refreshing drink than a healthy option.
Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie Recipe
By September 25, 2017Published:
- Yield: 2 glasses
- Prep: 5 mins
A mint chocolate chip smoothie is the perfect sweet treat for any time of the day. Not to mention that it is completely healthy too! Great for a pre-gym snack, a breakfast wake up or to quench your thirst on a warm day.
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 6 cups spinach (half amount for frozen)
- 1 cup ice
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons whole whey protein (optional)
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract (or real peppermint)
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional)
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- Add all the liquid ingredients to a blender and mix on high speed for 2-3 minutes. Add some almond milk if you are finding it difficult.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the chocolate chips and mix until the spinach and ice are smooth.
- Taste and adjust the sweetness and mint levels with honey and the peppermint.
- Add the chooclate chips or chopped dark chocolate and blend for 20-30 seconds. You want the chocolate to be blended but not completely. Garnish on top with more chocolate.