An enjoyable recipe for banana bread with oats and chocolate to start off the day having chocolate for breakfast, why not? This recipe is extremely versatile, vegan and gluten free to comply with those specific dietary requirements, which makes it easy for everyone to enjoy!
For a slightly lighter option, bake the banana, oat and chocolate batter in a baking tray for a flatter bake and cut into squares to enjoy banana breakfast bars with oats and chocolate. This makes for a great chocolate snack that can be enjoyed throughout the day.
How to make banana break with choc chips and oats?
Very simple to follow, making banana bread is not as complicated as you might think! Our banana bread with chocolate and oats recipe doesn’t take long and is an easy way to begin baking bread. This recipe yields one medium-sized loaf or enough for 16 square bars, meaning there’s plenty to go around!
Add or takeaway the quantities of banana and chocolate chips to make sure it is perfect for your own liking. Check out some chocolate drinks to accompany your meal. Start your morning with our delicious banana, chocolate and oats breakfast bread.
Our chocolate recipes can keep you occupied forever, have a glance at our chocolate and banana stuffed french toast and a healthy raspberry and chocolate power smoothie.
Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips and Oats Recipe
By May 11, 2015Published:
- Yield: 1 loaf
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
Vegan, gluten free and highly enjoyable, any morning would be made better with our banana, oats and chocolate breakfast bread. Whether you want a loaf or squares, this recipe is extremely simple and versatile. Have a taste!
- 2 1/2 cups oats rolled (GF if necessary)
- 3 bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (vegan if necessary)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF/160ºC.
- Lightly oil a loaf pan and set aside. If you are wanting to make bars then grease a baking tray with parchment paper or with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the oats in a food processor or blender for 1-2 minutes until you are left with crumbs or they resemble flour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, until well combined. It will not be smooth and can be quite thick. If the mixture is too crumble, add some tablespoons of water or non-dairy milk.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the loaf pan of baking tray and top with some more chocolate chips if you wish. Bake for 15-25 minutes, or until a knofe comes out clean.