If you’ve been searching for the perfect gluten free recipe, our flourless chocolate cake with toasted coconut is what you need in your life! It is a great chocolate dessert that anyone can enjoy, not only gluten free chocolate lovers, because it is rich in chocolate with a gooey texture.
Prepare our gluten free chocolate cake with ganache and coconut for all your friends and family. The cocount flakes help to give a bit of a crunch to the softer texture of the chocolate cake.
How to make a flourless chocolate cake with toasted coconut?
Follow our recipe below for a decadent chocolate cake with ganache and toasted coconut that is great if you’re hosting a dinner party or for a family lunch that must be topped off with a yummy dessert. Especially perfect those who eat gluten free, but easily enjoyed by everyone.
Our recipe is made to serve around 10 people, and is best served with a side of cream or ice cream. Feel free to add any additional toppings to compliment the toasted coconut flakes, such as nuts or fresh fruit.
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Toasted Coconut Recipe
By May 11, 2015Published:
- Yield: 1 cake (8-12 Servings)
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
Gluten free never has to be a problem ever again! With this flourless chocolate cake topped with toasted coconut recipe, you can satisfy all your cravings. Simple to prepare, you will never know that there's no flour in the cake!
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips divided
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs large
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cocnut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/180°C.
- Lightly grease an 8" cake pan and line it with parchment paper that should also be greased.
- Put one cup of the chocolate chips with the butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat at 30 second intervals until soft. Stir until the chips melt.
- Transfer this mixture into a mixing bowl and add in the sugar, salt, espresso powder and vanilla. Add the eggs and beat until smooth. Add the cocoa powder until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cool for 5 minutes and reduce the heat.
- Put the coconut flakes in the oven and roast for 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Loosen the edges of the cake with a knife, and using another plate, flip the cake out of the pan and leave to cool.
- For the ganache, heat the rest of the chocolate chips with the cream. Spread the ganache over the cooled cake and decorate with the toasted coconut flakes.