If you have been searching long and hard for an enticing chocolate dessert, you have come to the right place by finding our salted caramel chocolate tart recipe. This is the kind of chocolate recipe that is inexplicable, where the flavours take over and your mouth can water over the undeniably, delicious texture and combination of sweet, salty and bitter tastes.
How to make homemade salted caramel and chocolate tart?
A chocolate lover would go crazy for this recipe, and following our simple steps you can make it yourself at home! Despite the creative combination of several ingredients and some time that is needed for the pastry to cool, we promise that the result will 100% be worth the wait. Try it out and see for yourself!
Our salted caramel chocolate tart makes a fantastic dessert for dinner parties, or for a family dinner at home. Suprisde everyone with a chocolate dessert that they have never tried before!
More of our popular chocolate recipes include our moist chocolate cake and our vegan peppermint chocolate mousse.
Salted Caramel Chocolate Tart Recipe
By May 7, 2015Published:
- Yield: 1 tart (8 Servings)
- Prep: 2 hrs 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 8 hrs 30 mins
With a multiplicity of exciting flavours, this salted caramel chocolate tart will reach out to all your taste buds, ensuring a heavenly chocolate dessert that you will grab for more, spoonful after spoonful. A definite crowd-pleaser, why would you say no?
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup almonds ground
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 180 grams unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tablespoons ice water
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, almonds, cocoa powder, 1/4 cup of the sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt to create the pastry.
- Incorporate 110g of the butter into the flower mixture by breaking it into cubes. Use a for, blender or processor until crumbs begin to form.
- To the flour mixture, add the egg, vanilla extract and ice water to create the dough. Once formed, wrap in plastic, knead it to form a disc and refrigerate between 30 minutes - overnight.
- On a floured surface, or over the plastic, roll the dough so it is about 1 1/2 inches larger than your tart pan. Lift the dough, fill the greased pan and cut off the scrap edges. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before baking. Place in the oven for around 20 minutes at 350°F / 180°C.
- For the caramel, place 1 1/2 cups of sugar and the water in a saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat without stirring, until the mixture becomes caramel in colour.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add half of the cream. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously. Remove from the heat, add the rest of the butter and salt and stir until smooth.
- Let the caramel cool slightly before pouring over the crust. Refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
- For the ganache, heat the rest of the cream in a pan until it begins to boil at the edges. Remove from heat and pour over the chopped chocolate. Leave for a minute before stirring until smooth.
- Pour the ganache over the caramel and refrigerate for another 2-3 hours. Sprinkle with sea salt and serve!