A hassle-free, fool-proof, perfect end to any meal comes down to nothing other than our fresh and light vegan peppermint chocolate mousse recipe. A fantastic chocolate dessert for any time of the year and any time of the day, it is sure to top off a meal in the right way!
The chocolate and peppermint combination givesthe melt-in-your-mouth mousse a refreshing and natural taste. It is a creamy and light dessert recipe that you will definitely find space for even if you are full to the brim! Check out more chocolate recipes to get inspired.
How to make vegan mint chocolate mousse?
This chocolate mousse recipe is both gluten free and vegan, making it healthy as well as delicious. Indulge yourself in a chocolate dessert that is as soft as the clouds. Treat your family to a peppermint chocolate mousse for dessert, surprise a loved one with a romantic dinner or even if you’re hangin out with friends it makes a great dinner party addition.
We have managed to test and try out our chocolate mint mousse and there were no complaints at all! It is a dessert that manages to leave everyone satisfied, perfect to serve 4 people, and takes around 5 minutes to make. All you have to do is let it chill. And no, it’s not too good to be true! Have a see for yourself.
Take a look also at our vegan chocolate ice cream recipe.
Vegan Peppermint Chocolate Mousse Recipe
By May 21, 2015Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
For a fresh and light chocolate dessert, this peppermint chocolate mousse should do the trick! It's perfect for vegans, and for non-vegans who won't even taste the difference. A deliciously, airy dessert recipe, get baking!
- 3 cups coconut cream
- 12 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 12 ounces dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In the microwave, melt the chocolate. Heat for 45 seconds then stir with a rubber spatula. Heat for another 30 seconds and repeat until completely melted. Leave to cool for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix together the coconut cream, maple syrup and extracts until smooth.
- Add the chocolate and mix well until completely combined. Check the taste and adjust how you wish. You may want to add chocolate chips or peppermint shavings.
- Pour the mixture into an airtight container, or several small dishes with plastic wrap. Leave to cool in the fridge for an hour then serve.