A heavenly delight that gushes out smooth, gooey chocolate as soon as your fork hits the cake. This is our chocolate molten lava cake recipe, just one of our many chocolate cakes, perfect for any occasion, no excuses are needed! Our recipe provides 4 mini versions of the classic chocolate cake that is the molten lava cake, a favourite chocolate dessert amongst us all.
Don’t waste any more time! Have a go yourself at making these delicious mini molten lava cakes by following our simple steps below. Ready before you would even believe, you’ll be wondering why you haven’t been making them all along!
How to make mini chocolate molten lava cakes?
Our molten lava cake recipe is perfect for a family of four, multiply the quantities to feed a larger dinner party or even prepare a bigger version of the cake which is ideal for Christmas, Easter and any other celebration. We found the quantities perfect for a girls’ night in as well!
Due to it’s warm, smooth and rich chocolate interior, it’s makes a great sweet treat on a winter’s day that goes down well with a nice hot chocolate. One of our absolute favourites, it would be a shame to miss out on this chocolate recipe!
Molten Chocolate Lava Mini Cakes Recipe
By May 21, 2015Published:
- Yield: 4 mini cakes
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
You know that you are won over by the molten lava cake as soon as the gooey chocolate interior meets your lips. It's the dessert that we all want to see on the menu and the one that never comes out as good at home, until now! Have a go at our easy chocolate molten lava mini cakes recipe.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 220 grams semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Brush 4 small soufflé cups with melted butter, very well.
- Over simmering, hot water, melt the chocolate and butter until smooth and stirring often.
- Stir in the powdered sugar and mix well. Add eggs until well incorporated then finally add the flour. Make sure mixture is well blended.
- Pour into the cups and bake for 12-15 minutes, until the sides are set.
- Let them rest for one minute then decorate with cream, fruit and dusted sugar and cocoa powder before serving!