Are you one of those chocolate lovers that loves all types of chocolate in any form possible? This may be you dream dessert recipe – a triple chocolate cheesecake. We don’t see the need to leave any chocolate out! Throw in a dash of dark chocolate, a pinch of milk chocolate and a whirl of white chocolate to create this delicious chocolate cheesecake dessert.
How to make a triple chocolate cheesecake?
With this chocolate cheesecake recipe you can decide whether to create layers of different cheesecake flavours, or you can keep the main cheesecake layer the same and then go for another type of chocolate for the ganache. It’s all up to you!
Have a browse through our other great recipes for chocolate desserts, whether you need a fool-proof chocolate recipe to impress some guests or if you want to have fun with your kids on a weekend afternoon, there’s something for everyone!
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
By April 29, 2015Published:
- Yield: 1 medium-sized cheesecake (8 Servings)
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 2 hrs 0 min
- Ready In: 3 hrs 30 mins
Whip up a triple chocolate cheesecake in no time, following our dessert recipe. For this smooth and mouth-watering dessert, you'll need the following ingredients and make sure you give yourself enough time for the cheesecake to set. Decorate and design the layers however you like!
- 9 ounces chocolate wafer biscuits
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 4 packs cream cheese room temperature
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs large
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate melted
- 0.5 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF/160ºC.
- Put the chocolate wafer biscuits into a food processor, crush them slightly so it is easier for them to be cruched by the machine. Add the melted butter and grind for 30 seconds, or until slightly crushed with lumps.
- Place your crumbs into a 9 x 3 inch (can be any size) springform pan and press the crumbs evenly to create a base layer of around 1.5 inches for the crust. Place in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Blend together the cream cheese, salt and sugar. Once the mixture starts coming together, add the eggs slowly through the feed tube. Then add the sour cream. If using more that one type of chocolate, split the mixture.
- Add 8 ounces of the melted chocolate to the mixture and mix until it is completely smooth. Pour the mixture on top of the crust and cover the pan with foil.
- Cook the cheesecake for one hour in the oven by using a water bath for the springform pan. After one hour, turn the oven off, leaving the cheesecake inside for another hour.
- Run a knife around the edge to loosen the cheesecake from the sides, let it cool and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour and up to overnight.
- To make the ganache, bring the heavy cream to a boil and pour it over the remaining melted chocolate. Decorate the cheesecake with the ganache.