Both crispy and soft, our chocolate chip butterscotch blondies are the perfect chocolate snack that you have been searching for! The butterscotch and chocolate add subtle flavours to the gooeyness of the blondie. For those who are unaware, blondies are the newest form of chocolate brownies that have become the most popular baking trend.
Without any complicated steps, you can follow our butterscotch chocolate chip blondie recipe below with ease. It doesn’t take long and the smell from the oven will have you going crazy while they bake. You know you want to try them!
How to make butterscotch chocolate chip blondies?
Our chocolate chip butterscotch blondies are just what you need when the hunger kicks in at work, or you’re sitting on the sofa in the evening looking for a snack. Serve them fresh out the oven with ice cream to create a chocolate dessert, or with one of our chocolate drinks for an extra-sweet treat.
From our chocolate recipe, you’ll manage to get around 16 blondie squares which is plenty to go around! We tried this recipe with double the batter and freezing the dough made a lovely treat for another snack at another time!
We have yet more fantastic chocolate recipes waiting for you, like our American chocolate chip cookies and a chocolate hazelnut milkshake.
Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Blondie Recipe
By May 19, 2015Published:
- Yield: 16 blondies
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
For a change to the usual chocolate brownie, why not have a go at the newest trend around - the blondie! Our butterscotch chocolate chip blondies are crunchy on the edges and soft in the middle, the perfect way a blondie should be. Although if you like yours crunchier, simply cook for a little bit longer.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg large, at room temp
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF/180ºC.
- Prepare a baking dish with cooking spray and parchment paper that should flow over the dish around 1 inch.
- Melt the butter. Add it to a bowl with the sugars and stir until completely mixed. Add the egg and vanilla extract and stir again until completely mixed. The batter should be smooth with a caramel colour.
- Add in all the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well until a thick mixture is formed. Fold in the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.
- Spread the blondie batter into the baking dish to form a thin layer, it may seem very thin compared to normal brownie mixture.
- Bake for around 20 minutes, or until the top begins to crack and the edges go golden. The middle should feel a little bit soft. Remember that the blondies will firm up on cooling! Enjoy fresh out of the oven, cooled or keep for another day.