What is the first thing on your mind when you wake up? Breakfast! And who can say no to chocolate chip pancakes! A great way to enjoy chocolate for breakfast, drizzle these pancakes with more chocolate, maple syrup or fresh fruit. They are best served hot and straight off the pan.
Our chocolate chip recipe is great for the whole family, friends, and couples. It goes down well with a yummy white hot chocolate, or even a chocolate hazelnut milkshake! You’ve got to try it out for yourself to understand the deliciousness.
How to make chocolate chip pancakes?
All you need to do is rumble around in your kitchen cupboards for a few simple ingredients. Follow our easy steps to create you own delightful chocolate chip pancakes! Don’t worry if you’ve never made them before, our recipe is easy to follow. Make sure to keep the pan heated on low at first to warm up slowly, you don’t want to burn your pancakes.
Check out more amazing chocolate recipes.
Chocolate Chip Pancakes Recipe
By May 25, 2015Published:
- Yield: 8-10 medium pancakes
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins
The best way to wake up in the morning? To the smell of freshly made, chocolate chip pancakes of course! Who can argue with pancakes in the morning, not us. Simple to make, with just a few ingredients, these chocolate chip pancakes will keep you going all day.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs large
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs and add them to the mixture.
- Add the buttermilk and the butter and whisk together. The batter may have small lumps.
- Heat the griddle with a little bit of butter. Pour the pancake batter into the medium-heated griddle using a ladle. Sprinkle on chocolate chips. When the pancake has small bubbles on the top, around 2 minutes after cooking, flip over and cook on the other side until golden brown and crispy on th edges.
- Repeat until you have used the batter or got enough pancakes. Batter can be kept in the fridge for the next day. Drizzle with maple syrup, whipped cream or more chocolate chips and fruit!