From children to grown men, who could ever resist a soft and chewy, American-style, chocolate chip cookie? Our simple recipe should help you perfect your chocolate chip cookies to your very own standard. All of our chocolate recipes are aim to give you the highest satisfaction, and this recipe will have you licking those chocolate crumbs from the table.
If you’re a cookie lover, have a look at some more of our great cookie recipes and other American snacks that you can try whipping up in the kitchen. All of our chocolate snacks are very popular and are we even have a few healthy chocolate recipes up our sleeves.
How to make American choc chip cookies?
These American-style choc chip cookies are simple to make; create a chocolate dessert by serving it hot with ice cream, take it to work to impress your colleagues or keep the kids happy with a nice snack. No fancy ingredients needed! Just a simple and homely cookie recipe.
For more brilliant chocolate recipes, opt for our healthy chocolate cookies or some white chocolate and orange muffins.
American Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
By April 30, 2015Published:
- Yield: 14 medium-large cookies
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 11 mins
- Ready In: 2 hrs 26 mins
Learn how to make delicious American chocolate chip cookies by following the steps of this easy recipe. You can easily adjust the recipe to your own preferences, and remember that the cookies will harden as they cool down. Enjoy!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3.5 ounces vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter, sugars, egg and vanilla extract with an electric beater on a medium-high speed until creamy and well-combined.
- Scraping the side of the bowl to keep all the mixture together, add the flour, pudding mix and baking soda and beat on low speed until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and beat on low speed for about 30 seconds.
- Using a spoon, a cookie scoop or your hands, create equally sized cookie portions. Roll each one into a ball and then flatten it slightly between your hands, placing it on a tray or plate. Try to place a few chocolate chips on the top of the mounds.
- Cover the tray or plate with cling film and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and a maximum of 5 days. The more it is left to cool, the fluffier the cookies will bake.
- Preheat the over to 180°C (350°F), line a baking tray and place the mounds onto the tray, with a gap of 2 inches between each one. Let them bake for around 11 minutes and cool for 10 before serving.