To fill the house with a Sunday morning, brunch smell, get baking our chocolate and banana stuffed french toast. The perfect chocolate for breakfast recipe that goes down well on a lazy, weekend morning. Works brilliantly as a delicious breakfast or a chocolate brunch recipe. Get your dose of fruit and chocolate together – our favourite combination!
Prepare some slices of banana chocolate french toast for fussy kids who don’t know what they want to eat first thing in the morning, or for a loved one you want to surprise with breakfast in bed. Add some roasted nuts for a different twist, or even try frying or roasting the banana slices. Sprinkle with some sugar for a perfect touch.
How to make chocolate and banana french toast?
Try out this simple, chocolate recipe that is great for a breakfast or brunch. Add more flavours that you enjoy and even experiment with other types of chocolate. Who said breakfast had to be boring? Definitely not with some french toast stuffed with chocolate and banana.
Can’t get enough of our chocolate recipes? Have a look at our banana bread with chocolate chips and oats for a healthier option and our amazing pumpkin risotto with chocolate glazed ribs for lunch or dinner.
Chocolate and Banana Stuffed French Toast Recipe
By May 7, 2015Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 40 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 60 mins
This is one of those lazy day recipes. Whether you are craving breakfast or brunch in bed, there's no doubt our banana and chocolate french toast will satisfy any craving. Surprise a special someone in bed with this great chocolate breakfast idea.
- 1 banana sliced
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices bread (or brioche)
- Heat the butter in a pan, place the soaked bread slices in the pan in once layer and regularly flip until golden brown.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, nutmeg, cinnamon and honey in a bowl. Pour the mixture into a shallow baking dish and soak the bread slices for 5 minutes. Turn them over and soak for another 20 minutes.
- Place the slices in another pan to bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and the cream together and leave to cool a little. When the toast is ready, spread the chocolate mixture over and add the bananas, creating stacks of layers. Garnish with warm honey, roasted nuts or berries.