For a healthier alternative to breakfast, try our banana chocolate chip donuts – believe it to be true! Chocolate can truly be enjoyed at all times of the day and we have enough chocolate recipes just to prove it to you. Have a look at more chocolate for breakfast recipes or even chocolate for lunch recipes to inspire your inner chef.
These banana and chocolate breakfast donuts are perfect for any family who loves breakfast time! Kids love them in the morning, adults love them on the way to work and any left overs can be a great chocolate snack for during the day. Not to mention they are a great healthy chocolate alternative.
How to make banana choc chip breakfast donuts?
Our banana choc chip donut recipe yields enough donuts to make sure everyone gets a share and is perfect to feed a family of 4. The steps are extremely simple that you can even enjoy making them with your family on a Sunday morning or whip up a quick batch during the week. What are you waiting for? Give them a go!
Looking for some similar chocolate recipes? Why not try our Nutella croissants or some chocolate brownie waffles.
Banana Chocolate Chip Baked Donuts Recipe
By May 5, 2015Published:
- Yield: 12 donuts
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
A soft indulgence to wake you up first thing in the morning, that is a lot healthier than what it sounds! Best eaten straight out of the overn, but are equally delicious if you're in a rush and have it on the go. Our banana and choc chip donuts also make for a great snack during the day.
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup raw cane sugar
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt fat free
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325°F/180°C.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk the mashed banana, yogurt and sugar until incorporated well.
- Add the butter, eggs and vanilla extract to the mixture whilst whisking.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the mixture until they have just about been incorportaed. Be careful not to over mix!
- Fold in the chocolate chips very carefully, by hand, using a spatula.
- Scoop the batter into a piping bag. For a homemade version, use a zip log bag with the batter and seal it then snip off one of the bottom corners.
- Grease a donut baking pan and fill each mold with batter until it is 3/4 full. For an additional delight, sprinkle cinnamon and sugar before baking or dip warm donuts in a mixture after baking. Bake for 12-15 minutes and let them cool.