Looking for a hassle-free chocolate ice cream recipe? How about one that is also gluten-free, sugar-free and suitable for vegans? No, it’s not good to be true because our vegan chocolate ice cream is exactly what you need! Finding vegan chocolate recipes can be hard, which is why we decided to make your life easier. This is a great healthy chocolate recipe that makes an excellent chocolate dessert.
We find ways to incorporate chocolate into any type of diet you may have. This is a simple ice cream recipe that can be served with a warm chocolate dessert or as the perfect chocolate snack on a summer’s day. A sweet, delightful treat that will leave you wanting more!
How to make vegan chocolate ice cream at home?
Have a go at our vegan chocolate ice cream recipe that is quick to prepare and will give you enough ice cream to last the whole week. It is a superb healthy option that only uses a few ingredients.
Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
By May 5, 2015Published:
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Prep: 30 mins
A chocolate ice cream recipe that is perfectly suitable for vegans, and is gluten free and sugar free! It tastes amazing frozen as an ice cream, or for those impatient chocolate lovers it can be chilled for a more mousse-like texture. Surprise yourself with this fantastice chocolate ice cream recipe!
- 28 ounces coconut milk chilled
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 16 ounces dates pitted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk unsweetened
- Place the coconut milk in the chilled mixing bowl. If you are using coconut cream, scoop it out of the cans, leaving behind the clear liquid.
- Soak the dates in warm water for 10 minutes and then drain them so they are sticky and moist. Add thewm to a food processor and mix until small bits remain, Slowly add hot water and mix so it becomes a thick paste.
- Whip the coconut milk/cream until smooth and creamy. Add the cocoa powder, vanilla, almond milk, half of the date paste and mix until fully blended.
- Taste the mixture and adjust the flavours to your liking. Add the rest of the date paste and more cocoa powder if needed. Optional ingredients include cinnamon, espresso and nuts.
- Transfer the mixture into a parchment-lined, freezer-safe container. Cover it loosely with plastic wrap and then with foil. Leave to freeze overnight.
- Before serving, let the ice cream set for 20 minutes. Serve using a scoop warmed under hot water. Best served fresh but will keep in the freezer for up to a week.