Using just three ingredients, whip up some fluffy, Nutella croissants first thing in the morning for a tasty chocolate breakfast. Follow our simple instructions and we assure you will have a great start to your day with these chocolate breakfast croissants! For those looking for vegan chocolate recipes, we have a suggested recipe at the bottom that uses vegan ingredients to make sure that you don’t have to miss out.
Add a dash of chocolate to your breakfast and start the day off on a good note. Check out some of our healthy chocolate recipes for more suggestions and why not wash down your Nutella croissants with a raspberry and chocolate power smoothie.
How to make nutella croissants?
To make this into a chocolate dessert, serve hot out of the oven with some cold ice cream. Sprinkle with sugar or Nutella and perhaps introduce some fruit to give your meal an extra-special wow factor.
Nutella Chocolate Croissant Recipe
By May 5, 2015Published:
- Yield: 12 croissants
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
Looking for a great way to start the day? or the perfect end to an evening meal? As a breakfast or as a dessert, our nutella croissants are a taste of heaven! Using only 3 ingredients, there's no reason not to give these a go, see below for an additional vegan option. You can thank us later!
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF/180ºC.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or by misting cooking spray.
- Sprinkle a flat surface with flour and spread out the puff pastry flat on the surface. Roll out the pastry so it is smooth and even to your desired thickness.
- Using a knife, or pizza cutter, slice the pastry into triangles. Place a teaspoon of Nutella into the triangle and spread it using the spoon, leave a 1/2 inch border around the edges of the triangle.
- Starting with the wide edge of the triangle, roll the pastry to its point and fold in at the ends to create a croissant or "U" shape. Place on the baking tray.
- In a small bowl, mix the egg with a tablespoon of water and brush over the croissants and to seal the edges. Bake for 20-25 minutes intil golden. Serve hot out of the oven or keep in a container for up to 3 days.
- For a vegan option, use vegan puff pastry, melted vegan butter (instead of an egg) and vegan chocolate hazelnut spread.