Our deliciously chocolate cupcakes come with a hidden surprise in the middle, and yes you guessed it, a Ferrero Rocher chocolate! How could a classic chocolate cupcake be made even yummier? Well we have only gone and added Nutella buttercream frosting. There’s no reason not to try our Ferrero Rocher chocolate cupcakes with Nutella frosting.
Not only do our Ferrero Rocher cupcakes make a great chocolate dessert or chocolate snack, but they are the perfect way to spoil someone on their birthday, for Valentine’s Day or to be stacked for a special occasion as a cupcake-tiered cake. Wash it down with a tasty chocolate drink and you should have no complaints!
How to make Ferrero Rocher cupcakes with Nutella frosting?
Follow our simple steps below to make your own Fererro Rocher stuffed chocolate cupcakes, it’s much easier than you’d believe! We tried the recipe just once and managed to create perfectly delicious chocolate cupcakes. You can even add more chocolates on top for decoration if you’re a hardcore Ferrero lover.
Have a go at our molten chocolate lava mini cakes which are also extremely tasty or for a healthier option our white chocolate and orange muffins. We have plenty of chocolate recipes to keep you busy!
Ferrero Rocher Stuffed Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
By May 19, 2015Published:
- Yield: 12 cupcakes
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 50 mins
Our Ferrero Rocher stuffed chocolate cupcakes could be seen as drops from heaven, combining the infamously popular Ferrero Rocher chocolate with a Nutella buttercream frosting. Indulge yourself in the best chocolate cupcakes!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ferrero rocher frozen
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF/180ºC. Line a standard cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, a pinch of salt and 1/2 the cup of cocoa.
- Mix separately the oil, egg, buttermilk and half the vanilla extract and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Add the dry ingredients.
- Once the mixture is smooth, fill the liners 2/3 of the way. Place an unwrapped Ferrero Rocher in each cup and use the remaining batter to fill over it.
- Bake for around 15-20 minutes and leave to cool.
- For the frosting, melt the chocolate and let it cool. Beat the butter and sugar until it's fluffy. Add the cream cheese and mix. Add the rest of the vanilla and cocoa, Nutella and the melted chocolate. Mix well and leave to cool in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Ice the cupcakes with the Nutella frosting and add another Ferrero Rocher for garnish if you wish. Serve and enjoy!