It is time to understand that nothing goes undiscovered, and the revelation of chocolate pasta has come to the forefront of our attention. This is a savoury chocolate pasta recipe to wow your guests, as it is a dish for a special occasion. It makes a great option if you are having chocolate for lunch or chocolate for dinner and is one of our favourite chocolate recipes!
How to make homemade chocolate pasta?
You may need to spare an hour or two the first time you try out this chocolate pasta recipe, however with practice it will become quicker and easier to make. Make sure you have a pasta machine at home to get the real, authentic taste. Only a few, simple ingredients are needed; with this recipe it’s all about the method!
Check out some of our other pasta recipes to see how you can include this chocolate pasta into different dishes and with different combinations of sauces and ingredients. As an authentic, Italian recipe, it is recommended that this savoury chocolate pasta is served with a creamy or cheesy sauce.
Chocolate Pasta Recipe
By April 29, 2015Published:
- Yield: 18 ounces of pasta (4 Servings)
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 mins
For a new and innovative dish, create a spectacular meal with our chocolate pasta recipe. This is a real show-stopper, the best way to impress guests or to surprise a special someone. Remember that it is a savoury dish and is perfectly paired with a creamy, cheesy sauce.
- Combine the flour and cocoa powder together, on top of a clean work surface.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture to crack the eggs into. Beat them with a fork.
- Gradually pull in some flour from the walls of the well to begin to make a sticky dough. Continue until all the flour has been incorporated.
- Knead the dough into a ball, adding water if it's too dry and flour if it's too wet. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and leave it to set at room temperature for an hour.
- Cut 1/5 of the dough into a portion that you can roll out to a thinness of 1/4 of an inch with a rolling pin.
- Using a pasta machine, feed the dough through on the largest setting so it becomes smooth and elastic. Repeat rgus step, gradually decreasing the size of the setting until desired thinness is reached.
- With your pasta sheets, choose the pasta machine attachment for the desired size and shape you want and feed them through the machine again. Cook them fresh or freeze for later!